During the application window (December 1, 2017 – February 7, 2018), parents and guardians and guardians may submit an application foravailable seats for magnet programs, Nova Schools or school reassignment.
The Broward County Public School district is a nationally recognized leader in the quality and diversity of education we offer students. Magnet Programs offer educational choices in Broward County Public Schools. While similar courses and programs may be available in comprehensive schools, Magnet Programs attract students by offering unique opportunities for in-depth experiences and study in specific areas of interest. Each Magnet Program emphasizes a specialized theme. Our goal is to create educational interests, celebrate cultural and ethnic diversity, and foster student achievement.
- Expand educational choices for students
- Promote diversity within our schools
- Set high expectations for all students to improve student achievement
- Prepare students for further education and the world of work
- Develop positive school climates with academic emphasis
- Provide real-life and hands-on experiences
- Offer mentorship and internship opportunities