The Sprouting STEM Museum Magnet School is an elementary magnet program that will afford students the opportunity to enroll in a dynamic and powerful applied science program that will inspire and motivate your child to invent, create, and solve problems, while learning the citizenry and technological skills needed to compete in tomorrow’s world.
Sprouting STEM students will:
- Utilize Engineering in elementary curriculum developed by Museum of Science in Boston, that integrates engineering with elementary science topics and connections to literacy, social studies, and mathematics.
- Work and study in the Learning Innovation Lab equipped with state-of-the-art technology and web-based software programs.
- Use state of the art technology to collect and analyze data, investigate real world problems, collaborate, design and build Engineering project, and participate in project-based learning curriculum that culminates with Museum nights at the participating schools.
- Work with local engineering graduate students, and other experts in applied science fields. These experts continue to collaborate and assist teachers and their students with the STEM electives and school-wide projects.
- Benefit from school partnerships with local colleges, universities, and businesses that support national STEM educational goals.
- Participate in local, regional, and/or national competitions such as the First Lego League Robotics Competition.
You are invited to complete an application online at browardschoolsinnovativeprograms.com