Broward County Public Schools Innovative Programs is excited to present a unique new magnet program that your child is eligible to attend! The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Magnet Program affords students the opportunity to enroll in a dynamic and powerful applied science program that will inspire and motivate your child to invent, create, and solve problems, while learning the citizenry and technological skills needed in to compete in tomorrow’s world.
STEM students will:
- Use state of the art technology to collect and analyze data, investigate real world problems, collaborate, design and build inventions, and participate in project-based curriculum.
- Learn curriculum developed by university engineering professors, graduate students, and other experts in applied science fields. These experts continue to collaborate and assist teachers and their students with the STEM electives and school-wide projects.
- Work and study in labs equipped with state-of-the-art technology and web-based software programs.
- Have the opportunity to attend summer engineering and applied science camps where they will learn real world skills while having fun.
- Participate in local, regional, and/or national competitions such as the First Lego League Robotics Competition.
- Benefit from school partnerships with local colleges, universities, and businesses that support national STEM educational goals.
You are invited to complete an application online at www.browardschoolsmagnetprograms.com.